This article explains how to connect your Mac OSX 10.6 laptop to KPrint. The KPrint system is deployed in Jacobs and McManus. Staff and Faculty desktops require alternate configurations.
Inside this article:
- Installation instructions
Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Installation Instructions
Step 1: Run the RICOH driver installer
- Click to download the Ricoh driver installer.
- Double click the .dmg file. A window titled "MacOSX PPD Installer" will appear.
- Double click the file named "PPD_Installer_RI1454E3L.pkg"
- You will be presented with a series of screens, click "Continue" until you are prompted to click "Install".
- When you click "Install" you will be asked to enter a username and password. Enter your personal computer username and password NOT your Kellogg NetID/password.
- The drivers will then be installed. When you see the "The installation was successful screen" click "Close" and proceed to step 2 (below).
Step 2: Run the KPrint Mac Configuration Script
Make sure you are connected to the Northwestern University network (on campus) or VPN in (from off campus)
Download, unzip, and double click: KPRINT-Mac.zip. You should see two notifications: "KPrint2-BW added" and "KPrint2-Color added".
Verify that the printers properly connected by navigating to
System Preferences > Printers
You should see the KPrint printers: KPrint2A-BW and KPrint2B-Color
Step 3: Authenticate to the Print Server
- Print a document.
- You will get a notifcation in your dock via this icon: .
Click this icon to open the printer queue, which should look like this:
- Make sure you have the document selected; then click "Resume"
**Note: If you have more than one document in the queue this will not work.
- You will be prompted to authenticate.
- In the "Name" field, please type Kellogg\[Your NetID]
**Note: This field will be pre-populated with your Mac username. Delete this and enter your Kellogg NetID.
- In the "Password" field please type your NetID password
- If you do not wish to type this information everytime you print, make sure the "Remember this password in my keychain" box is checked. (see above for example)
- Click "OK". Your document will now be sent to the printer. You will know it has worked when it disappears from the queue window.