Discounted Microsoft Software at Kellogg
7/3/2013 2:27 PM
This article describes how to obtain Microsoft software and eligibility requirements for the software.
The Kellogg School of Management signs a Microsoft Campus Agreement each year, giving Kellogg the right to distribute Microsoft software at low or no cost to eligible students.
The Kellogg School of Management will provide Microsoft software (see product list in the Available Microsoft Software section) at little or no charge to the following student members of the Kellogg community:
- Full-time MBA
- Part-time MBA
- Executive MBA
Those not included in the list above (such as LLMK participants, international EMBA students, etc) are not eligible to receive Microsoft software under the campus agreement, and are welcome to use the software on the public computers at Kellogg.
Please also see special eligibility notes below.
Available Microsoft Software
The following Microsoft software is available to all Kellogg students at no cost:
Obtaining the software
Eligible Windows and Mac users:
- Visit the software distribution site (works best with Internet Explorer and Firefox).
- Click on Start Shopping, enter your NetID and Password and then click on the Microsoft software title you wish to download.
- Follow the on screen prompts.
Note: If your installation becomes corrupt or the software needs to be reinstalled on the same computer, please re-visit the software distribution site and click on Your Account to get the download file and product key. You can download the install file from the software distribution site a total of three times only. If you need the install file after you reach this limit, you will need to contact the software distribution site.
Installation instructions for each software will be listed right below the product key on the software distribution site.
Obtaining the software or installation issues:
- For any issues regarding obtaining the Microsoft software or installing it on your computer, please visit the Help section of the software distribution site, or call e-academy toll free at 1-888-396-1447.
- Contact the KIS student technical support center for additional assistance.
If your Microsoft software installation becomes corrupt or needs to be reinstalled, please follow the steps below to re-install your software:
- Install the software using the installation file you saved to your computer when you first obtained the Microsoft software.
- If you do not have this file, you can retrieve the downloaded file and associated product key from the software distribution site again:
- Log on to the software distribution site using your NetID and password (you only have access to this site and the software as long as your NetID/password are active)
- Click on Your Account, at the top of the screen.
- In your Order History, you will see a listing of all previously purchased products.
Click on View Details for the Microsoft product you are trying to re-install.
The product key will be listed next to the "Product Key:" field.
You can re-download the file by clicking on Download Options, then selecting the product you wish to download.
- Note: (If you do not see your Microsoft product listed, then you have not purchased it. Please refer to the "Obtaining the software" section in this document to purchase Microsoft software products.)