Using Microsoft Exchange Outlook Web Access (OWA), you can check group room availability, add guests to meetings, and reserve rooms—all from the Web.
Group Rooms are available for reservation at the Jacobs Center, Mcmanus Living and Learning Center and at Wieboldt Hall. Full-Time and Part-Time program students can reserve these group rooms via the Exchange Messaging and Calendaring System. 1; either via Outlook or online using Outlook Web Access (WebMail).
Important: when using Outlook Web Access (Webmail) , please make sure you do not have the "Light Version" box checked on the log-in page. If this option is checked, the "Select Rooms" icon does not show up under the Scheduling Assistant feature (this is a feature that allows you to select which rooms you would like to view availability for).
Note: You cannot reserve classrooms in Exchange. Please contact your program director or student affairs office to reserve classrooms.
Reserving Rooms using Outlook Web Access
- In a Web browser, go to the Exchange Outlook Web Access (OWA) page: https://webmail.kellogg.northwestern.edu/, and log on with your NetID and password.
- Click on the Calendar tab (on the left side of the window).
- Click on the down-arrow, next to New, and then select Meeting Request. A window will open.2
- Enter a meeting title in the "Subject" field. You may also enter an agenda in the white space at the bottom of the window.
- To add Kellogg constituents, enter names in either the "Required" or "Optional" fields, separated by semi-colons. After each name hit Ctrl-K, which will associate the name with the appropriate email address. If multiple addresses have the same name, you will be asked to select the correct one.3
Note: If you make the meeting request, then you are the Meeting Organizer and only you can reschedule this meeting.
- To schedule a room, click Scheduling Assistant.4 Next, click on the arrow next to "Select Rooms" and select More...
- Type in the location of the desired group room (i.e. Wieboldt). All group rooms in with the name "Wieboldt" will appear.
- Highlight all the group rooms in a particular facility and click on Rooms -->. This will add all the rooms to your meeting, allowing you to see which room is available at the desired time.
- Click OK.
- Find the room that is available during the time you want to meet and click the check box.
- Click Appointment and confirm the the Attendee list, Start/End time, and room are correct.
- Click Send.
NOTE: Rooms will DECLINE all recurring appointments, due to room reservation policies.
Confirming Reservations & Viewing Attendance
When you send your meeting invitation, each recipient will receive a meeting request, and the reserved room will send an automated Accepted or Declined email to the meeting organizer.
NOTE: Only the organizer of the meeting will receive a response from the room. If the room declines your reservation, you should change the room:
Recipients of meeting requests can accept, tentatively accept, decline, or propose a new time for the meeting. Additionally, if recipients decline, they can choose whether to send a response or not. As a meeting organizer, you can see these responses by opening the meeting and clicking Tracking. Note that if a recipient chooses to decline and not send a response, their response will be listed as "None," as if they have not responded.